234 Terminal Corp manages just over 100 acres of port land and port waters.
234 Terminal Corp is charged with providing the strategic management of the operation and development of the Port of CEMUS and to ensure this is done in an economically, socially and environmentally sustainable manner.
To achieve this, 234 Terminal Corp will:
- Comply with all environmental statutory requirements and other applicable environmental obligations.
- Establish and implement a Safety and Environmental Management Plan.
- Integrate appropriate environmental management systems into decision making across all functional areas of 234 Terminal Corp and the Port of CEMUS.
- Maintain policies which address key port environmental issues.
- Encourage a port-wide culture of responsible environmental management and continual environmental improvement.
- Adopt best-practice environmental management techniques where feasible.
- Minimize waste, greenhouse gas emissions, water and energy use to the extent practicable.
- Communicate the Environment Policy to 234 Terminal Corp employees, contractors and stakeholders.
- Commit to the provision of sufficient resources (human, physical and financial) to achieve the aims, objectives and targets of the 234 Terminal Corp Environmental Management System.